CA-BS EOD BOMB SUIT
The CompassArmor® Bomb Suit, as well named Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) suit or a blast suit is a heavy suit of body armor designed to withstand the pressure generated by a bomb and any fragments the bomb may produce. It is usually worn by trained personnel attempting bomb disposal. In contrast to ballistic body armors, which usually focus on protecting the torso and head, a bomb suit must protect all parts of the body, since the dangers posed by a bomb’s explosion affect the entire body.
CA-BS EOD bomb suit is a kind of personal bomb disposal protective equipment, which would provide excellent protection to super-pressure, fragment and shock wave made by the explosion.
- Full protection design provides protection of all organs for the wearer except the hands, which is divided into two parts of Bomb disposal helmet and protective suit.
- The bomb disposal helmet is made of high performance lightweight protective materials, and the window is embedded transparent bulletproof material; the main material of the protective suit is high performance ballistic fabric and it’s outer carrier’s made of high tenacity, high temperature/flame resistant and anti-static fabric.
- EOD bomb suit has superior performances on anti-shock overpressure, anti-fragment and anti-high temperature/flame resistance and has obvious attenuation functions targeting to shock wave overpressure and acceleration shock. EOD helmet visor has passed fragment resistant performance testing by German Beschussamt Mellrichstadt testing institute by reaching V50 value of 745m/s, and over 1600m/s for the important parts of EOD bomb suit.
- The strengthen inserts at chest and abdomen could move relatively to comfort the wearer from standing to squatting.
- There are quick release devices for the jacket and pant to relief the suit quickly.
- The visor of open–style design would be revealed at the top of the helmet, which is suitable for various working environment and more flexible operation.
- The ventilation device that is installed at the rear of the helmet would keep the inside air circulating by sustaining wind from the opening hole.
The main components:
- EOD helmet (including visor, transparent windows, ventilation, communications, lighting and other components)
- Protective suit (including separated suit, chest and abdomen strengthen inserts, Vertebral protector, knees protector, feet protector, Widening strips at trouser legs etc.)
The main technical specifications:
- Size: suit users of height of 175-185cm.
- Weight: total mass of 28.5kg — the protective suit 25kg, bomb disposal helmet 3.5kg.
- Fragment (1.1g, 0.22 inch caliber) V50 value: suit of facing the blasting Surface > 600m/s, strengthen inserts > 1600m/s, helmet >700m/s